The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission) has created five fact sheets about behaviour support. They have been written with, and for, NDIS participants using Plain English.
What do they cover
The five participant fact sheets include:
- What is positive behaviour support
- Understanding your rights
- Choosing a specialist behaviour support provider
- What to expect from your specialist behaviour support provider
- What to do if you are not happy with your specialist behaviour support provider
There are also easy read versions of each fact sheet.
How to use them
The fact sheets can help you to understand more about positive behaviour support and your rights. They explain what providers are meant to do. This will help you to make decisions about providers.
It is a good idea to read them in order. Start with Participant fact sheet 1: What is positive behaviour support. Then read Participant fact sheet 2: Understanding your rights and so on. The last fact sheet is Participant fact sheet 5: What to do if you are not happy with your specialist behaviour support provider.
You can also go straight to the fact sheet that interests you.