Since 1 July 2018, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission has managed quality and safeguards in South Australia.
To contact the NDIS Commission please refer to the Contact us page, or visit our South Australian office at:
State Director South Australia
Tim Baker has held senior and executive management roles in state and commonwealth departments for the past 15 years. Most recently Tim was a Director and member of the Housing SA Executive team and was responsible for the property and contract management portfolio. Tim has held senior roles in human services, housing and child protection in state government and was previously the state manager for the Australian Sports Commission’s AASC program . Tim’s background in regulation includes oversight of the Housing Improvement Authority and Community Housing. Tim holds a Bachelor of Applied Science, Post grad diploma in Social Science and a Masters in Business Administration.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have issued a number of alerts to registered NDIS providers across Australia.
We have also issued the following alerts only to providers in South Australia:
- New requirements relating to vaccination of disability workers in South Australia (10 November 2021)
- Seven-day lockdown in South Australia
- Updated Directions for South Australia
- Circuit breaker restrictions in South Australia from 19 November 2020
- Operational response plan for disability accommodation providers in South Australia
- Guidance for providers in South Australia
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter to Existing Providers commencing in VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 8 May 2019
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter NSW and SA, 22 May 2018
- Provider Information Letter NSW and SA, 22 June 2018
- Fact sheet: Incident reporting obligations – SA
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in SA
Links for South Australia
Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner
Telephone: 1800 232 007
Consumer and Business Services SA
Telephone: 13 18 82
Telephone: 1300 362 072