Benefits of a Capability Framework
The Framework describes the attitudes, skills and knowledge expected of all workers funded under the NDIS. It gives practical examples and provides a common language to describe ‘what good looks like’ when participants receive supports based on human rights and participant choice and control. The Framework is designed to be used by:
• NDIS participants and their carers, families and advocates
• NDIS providers
• supervisors and managers
• current workers supporting NDIS participants
• prospective workers interested in working with NDIS participants
• recruitment and human resource professionals
• training and education providers.
The Framework is intended as guidance for the sector. The Framework capabilities describe the way work is done and the essential knowledge required from the point of view of an NDIS participant. This provides the foundation for planning and managing the workforce in a way that is suited to different participant needs and contexts. Its use is recommended but not mandatory.