From 1 December 2020, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission started managing quality and safeguards in Western Australia.
Our office is located at:
Level 1, 200 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
State Director Western Australia
Carrie Sutcliffe is Western Australia Acting State Director.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have issued a number of alerts to registered NDIS providers across Australia.
We have also issued the following alerts only to providers in Western Australia:
- New requirements relating to vaccination of disability workers in Western Australia (22 October 2021)
- Perth and Peel lockdown and restrictions (29 June 2021)
- WA emergency response planning and execution (3 February 2021)
- Outbreak preparedness for Greater Perth and updated Directions (2 February 2021)
Provider information sessions
In the lead-up to the transition of Western Australia to the NDIS Commission, we held two information sessions for NDIS providers in Western Australia.
WA provider information sessions: Q&A compendium
Introductory provider information session (October 2020)
In this session, Graeme Head (NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner):
- introduced and provided an overview of the NDIS Commission's role and function
- outlined the new quality and safeguarding arrangements
- explained how these will affect providers of NDIS funded services and supports in Western Australia from 1 December.
Watch the recording of the October 2020 webinar.
Second provider information session (November 2020)
The following topics were addressed in this session:
- Your responsibilities: An overview of provider obligations, registration and renewals, the NDIS Code of Conduct, NDIS Practice Standards, Worker Orientation and how the NDIS Commission will support providers.
- Behaviour Support, Complaints and Reportable Incidents: Information about Behaviour Support, Complaints and Reportable Incidents.
- Local WA team introductions.
Watch the recording of the November 2020 webinar.
View the presentation slides from the November 2020 webinar.
- NDIS Commission letter – WA participants (1 December 2020)
- NDIS Commission letter – WA participants (1 December 2020) – Auslan
- NDIS Commission letter – WA participants (1 December 2020) – Easy Read
- NDIS Commission letter – WA participants (1 December 2020) – In your language
- NDIS Commission information letter – WA providers (10 November 2020)
- NDIS Commission information letter to existing WA providers (10 November 2020)
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter – WA providers (7 October 2020)
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter to existing providers – WA (7 October 2020)
Links for Western Australia
Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO)
Telephone: 1800 813 583
Western Australia Department of Communities
Telephone: 08 6167 8997
Western Australia Consumer Protection
Telephone: 08 6552 9596, or 1300 30 40 54
Telephone: 1300 362 072