This guide focuses on safe transportation for participants of the NDIS, and can help to:
- promote the rights and inherent dignity of people with disability,
- assist in identifying the use of regulated restrictive practice for people with disability during transportation,
- highlight the special considerations and safeguards relevant to the use of safe transportation for people with disability,
- provide practice advice consistent with a positive behaviour support framework contemporary evidence informed practice, intended to reduce and eliminate the use of restrictive practices, and
- assist registered NDIS providers and NDIS behaviour support practitioners to meet their obligations under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 (NDIS Act 2013) and relevant Rules.