The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is a national independent body that is developing a consistent approach to the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services.
New provider registrations
To register as an NDIS provider in all Australian states and territories except WA, please complete the online registration application.
If you applied for registration in the ACT, NT, QLD, TAS and VIC and were not approved prior to 1 July 2019, you will need to submit a new online registration application directly to the NDIS Commission. Providers in Western Australia can register from 1 December 2020. Until then, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) will continue to manage provider registration in Western Australia.
Service providers must register with the NDIS Commission to:
- deliver services and supports to NDIS participants who have their plan managed by the NDIA
- deliver specialist disability accommodation, use restrictive practices, or develop behaviour support plans
- deliver services or supports to older people with disability who are receiving continuity of supports under the Commonwealth Continuity of Support Programme relating to Specialist Disability Services for Older People.
Can NDIS participants only use registered providers?
Self managing NDIS participants can access services from registered or unregistered providers (except for the specific services and supports such as those listed above that require registration with the NDIS Commission) if they:
- self-manage the supports and services in their plan;
- have someone else to do it for them (a plan nominee); or
- use a registered plan manager.
- Fact sheet: NDIS Commission – What does this mean for providers?
- Fact sheet: About the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Fact sheet: How to register as an NDIS provider
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in NSW
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in SA
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in NT
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in QLD
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in ACT
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in VIC
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in TAS