TelePBS is the delivery of positive behaviour support via telepractice. Telepractice is the delivery of services at a distance. Services can be delivered by face to face videoconferencing, audio videoconferencing, chat box videoconferencing, telephone, text messaging, emailing or a combination of these.
Telepractice has been used successfully for interventions for people with disability. It has been used for speech and language therapy, parent-mediated social-communication interventions, classroom coaching for educators, and behaviour support (TelePBS).
TelePBS is a way to provide timely, quality, low-cost behaviour support services. It is also a way to improve access to these services for people with disability in rural and remote areas.
The outbreak of COVID-19 increased the need for alternative service delivery design, as in person services are often limited by public health measures.
The NDIS Commission funded Aspect to develop resources and materials to support behaviour support practitioners to deliver TelePBS in line with the Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework and the NDIS practice standards.
These resources are designed to support participants and practitioners to use TelePBS effectively.
Resources for participants
- TelePBS – Is it right for me (and my child)? A participants’ guide
- What is TelePBS? (Easy read participant guide)
Resources for practitioners
- TelePBS – Are you ready and able? A Practitioners Guide
- How can I align TelePBS with quality practice? A Practitioners Guide
More information on the TelePBS project
- Telepractice: Expanding the delivery of positive behaviour support video
- Telepractice: Expanding the delivery of positive behaviour support video transcript
- Creative Assessment and Planning via TelePBS video
- Creative Assessment and Planning via TelePBS video transcript
- Implementation and Evaluation Using A Coaching Approach video
- Implementation and Evaluation Using A Coaching Approach video transcript
- Talking TelePBS – Episode 1 – TelePBS Research with Dr Genevieve Johnsson podcast
- Talking TelePBS – Episode 1 – TelePBS Research with Dr Genevieve Johnsson podcast transcript