NDIS Practice Standards
The NDIS Practice Standards specify the quality standards to be met by registered NDIS providers to provide supports and services to NDIS participants. Together with the NDIS Code of Conduct, the NDIS Practice Standards build NDIS participants’ awareness of what quality service provision they should expect from registered NDIS providers.
During a provider’s application for renewal of registration, the NDIS Commission will advise you of the NDIS Practice Standards that apply to your organisation and the type of quality audit you require. This is based on your registration group(s) and the legal type of organisation you are (e.g. individual, partnership or body corporate).
The NDIS Commission provides guidance and support to assist you in understanding and meeting the requirements of registration.
From 15 November 2021, three new NDIS Practice Standards and new and amended Quality Indicators related to those standards have been introduced. Read more about these changes on the new NDIS Practice Standards and Quality Indicators page.
View the full NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Practice Standards.
NDIS Practice Standards modules
The NDIS Practice Standards consist of a core module and several supplementary modules that apply depending on the types of supports and services you deliver and your organisational structure.
Each module has
- a series of high-level, participant-focused outcomes
- for each outcome in the modules, the NDIS Commission has prepared quality indicators that approved auditors use to assess compliance with the NDIS Practice Standards.
The core module covers:
- rights of participants and responsibilities of providers
- governance and operational management
- the delivery of supports, and
- the environment in which supports are delivered.
The supplementary modules cover:
- High intensity daily personal activities
- Specialist behaviour support, including implementing behaviour support plans
- Early childhood supports
- Specialised support co-ordination, and
- Specialist disability accommodation.
- Application Pack – NDIS Practice Standards and quality indicators
- Fact sheet: NDIS Commission – What does this mean for providers?
- Fact sheet: How to register as an NDIS provider
- NDIS Practice Standards: Verification Module - Required Documentation
- NDIS Practice Standards: skills descriptors (High Intensity Skills Descriptors)