NDIS provider register
You can find information here about the status of NDIS providers who are registered with NDIS Commission, and any actions that the NDIS Commission has taken against NDIS providers including those that are not registered.
The NDIS Provider Register is published in accordance with the NDIS (Provider Registration and Practice Standards) Rule 2018. It contains information as set out in the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 section 73ZS. The NDIS Provider Register is updated by the NDIS Commission regularly and includes reference to its last update. The NDIS Commission will also publish alongside the register actions it takes concerning providers who are not registered but who are subject to the NDIS Code of Conduct.
The NDIS Provider Register contains information about registered NDIS providers within the Commission’s current jurisdiction of Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria, including:
- Identifying information including the provider legal name, suburb details and Australian Business Number (ABN). The provider’s legal name is the name of the person or entity that appears on all official documents or legal papers; the suburb listed is the suburb of the person or entity’s principal place of business; and the provider ABN is a unique identifier issued by the Australian Business Register (ABR), which is operated by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- Registration Groups are the groups (or classes) of supports and services being delivered under the NDIS. Registration groups are categorised depending on the type of support or service delivered to participants by the NDIS provider.
- Conditions of registration imposed under section 73G of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013.
- Compliance and enforcement actions taken against NDIS providers where requirements for delivering NDIS supports and services have not been met.
The initial release of searchable register will not publish the street address for any registered NDIS Providers as the NDIS Commission develops guidance around the circumstance when it is appropriate to suppress the publication of a registered NDIS Provider’s address details. Currently a provider may update outlet details to ensure an outlet address is not published. Quick reference guides to update both an NDIS Provider address and outlet details are available here.
Conditions of registration apply to all registered NDIS providers under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013. These conditions are included on a registered NDIS Provider’s certificate of registration and are not reproduced within the interactive NDIS Provider Register. The conditions include:
- Standard conditions of registration prescribed under section 73F(2) of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013.
- Condition of registration imposed under section 73G of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 at the time of transition of registration to the NDIS Commission.
- Conditions imposed by the various NDIS rules made under sections 73H and 209 of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013. These include the rules applying to different classes of support such as the delivery of specialist disability accommodation, specialist behaviour support or the use of restrictive practices.
The NDIS Code of Conduct applies to all NDIS providers under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013.
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner has the discretion to impose specific conditions on an NDIS provider. These conditions may be imposed at any time throughout the course of the provider’s registration. Any conditions on registration will be included on this register and the registered NDIS provider’s certificate of registration.
The NDIS Commission may take action against an NDIS provider where the NDIS Commission has determined that the provider has not met its conditions of registration, or the NDIS Code of Conduct.