NDIS Provider register
The NDIS Provider Register is published in accordance with the NDIS (Provider Registration and Practice Standards) Rule 2018. It contains information as set out in the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 section 73ZS. The NDIS Provider Register will be updated by the NDIS Commission regularly.
The NDIS Provider Register contains information about current NDIS providers including:
- Identifying information including the provider legal name, address and Australian Business Number (ABN). The provider’s legal name is the name of the person or entity that appears on all official documents or legal papers; the address listed is the address of the person or entity’s registered office; and the provider ABN is a unique identifier issued by the Australian Business Register (ABR), which is operated by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- Registration Group are the groups (or classes) of supports and services being delivered under the NDIS. Registration groups are categorised depending on the type of service or support delivered to participants by the NDIS provider.
Conditions of registration apply to a registered NDIS provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013. These conditions include:
- Standard conditions of registration prescribed under section 73F(2) of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013
- Conditions imposed under section 73G of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013, including the period within which an audit must be undertaken
- Conditions imposed by the various NDIS rules made under sections 73H and 209 of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013. These include the rules applying to different classes of support such as the delivery of specialist disability accommodation, specialist behaviour support or the use of restrictive practices
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner has the discretion to impose specific conditions on an NDIS provider. These conditions may be imposed at any time throughout the course of the provider’s registration. Any conditions on registration will be included on the provider’s certificate of registration.
The NDIS Commission will release an interactive provider register on the Commission’s website during 2018.