NDIS provider register and compliance and enforcement actions
This page contains information about the status of NDIS providers who are registered with the NDIS Commission, and any actions we have taken against NDIS providers - including those that are not registered.
NDIS Provider Register (part 1 of register)
The NDIS Provider Register is published in accordance with the NDIS (Provider Registration and Practice Standards) Rule 2018. It contains information as set out in section 73ZS of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 (NDIS Act). The NDIS Provider Register is regularly updated by the NDIS Commission and includes reference to its last update.
The NDIS Provider Register contains information about all registered NDIS providers.
The information on the NDIS Provider Register includes:
- Identifying information including the provider legal name, suburb details and Australian Business Number (ABN). The provider’s legal name is the name of the person or entity that appears on all official documents or legal papers; the suburb listed is the suburb of the person or entity’s principal place of business; and the provider ABN is a unique identifier issued by the Australian Business Register (ABR), which is operated by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- The initial release of searchable register will not publish the street address for any registered NDIS providers as we develop guidance around the circumstance when it is appropriate to suppress the publication of a registered NDIS provider’s address details. Currently a provider may update outlet details to ensure an outlet address is not published. Quick reference guides for updating both an NDIS provider address and outlet details are available.
- Registration groups are the groups (or classes) of supports and services being delivered under the NDIS. Registration groups are categorised depending on the type of support or service delivered to participants by the NDIS provider.
- Conditions of registration imposed under section 73G of the NDIS Act. Conditions of registration apply to all registered NDIS providers under the NDIS Act. These conditions are included on a registered NDIS provider’s certificate of registration and are not reproduced on the interactive NDIS Provider Register. Conditions include:
- Standard conditions of registration prescribed under section 73F(2) of the NDIS Act.
- Condition of registration imposed under section 73G of the NDIS Act at the time of transition of registration to the NDIS Commission.
- Conditions imposed by the various NDIS rules made under sections 73H and 209 of the NDIS Act. These include the rules applying to different classes of support such as the delivery of specialist disability accommodation, specialist behaviour support or the use of restrictive practices.
The NDIS Code of Conduct applies to all NDIS providers under the NDIS Act.
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner may impose specific additional conditions on an NDIS provider at any time during the period of the provider’s registration. Any additional conditions on registration will be included on this register and the registered NDIS provider’s certificate of registration.
Compliance and enforcement actions (part 2 of register)
The NDIS Commission may take action against an NDIS provider where we have determined that the provider has not met its conditions of registration, or the NDIS Code of Conduct.
We also publish the actions we take concerning providers who are not registered but who are subject to the NDIS Code of Conduct.
Part 2 of the NDIS Provider Register contains the compliance and enforcement actions taken against NDIS providers where requirements for delivering NDIS supports and services have not been met.