The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is a national independent body working with NDIS providers to deliver a consistent approach to the quality and safety of services and supports delivered to participants.
The NDIS Commission’s registration and regulatory system reduces duplication and streamlines quality and safeguards functions into a single body.
The NDIS Commission has been operating in New South Wales and South Australia since 1 July 2018; the Australian Capital Territory, Northern Territory, Queensland, Tasmania and Victoria since 1 July 2019, and Western Australia since 1 December 2020.
Registered NDIS providers
For existing registered NDIS service providers:
- your registration has automatically transferred from the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to the NDIS Commission
- you must renew your registration within the date shown on your certificate of registration to maintain your registration status with the NDIS Commission
- if you need to change any aspect of your existing registration, please contact the NDIS Commission to discuss making a variation to your registration.
New provider registrations
To register as an NDIS provider you need to use the Application Portal.
NDIS providers in the ACT, NT, QLD, TAS, VIC and WA
If you were an existing provider registered with the NDIA your registration will have automatically transferred from the NDIA to the NDIS Commission when the NDIS Commission began operating in your state or territory. We encourage you to review your contact details and registration groups in the NDIA’s myplace provider portal to ensure that we have transferred the correct information.
NDIS providers who operate in multiple states or territories
As the NDIS Commission has now commenced in every state and territory, a single registration applies to a provider delivering in multiple states and territories.
- Fact sheet: Then and now for providers in NSW
- Fact sheet: Then and now for providers in SA
- Fact sheet: Then and now for providers in NT
- Fact sheet: Then and now for providers in QLD
- Fact sheet: Then and now for providers in ACT
- Fact sheet: Then and now for providers in VIC
- Fact sheet: Then and now for providers in TAS
- NDIS provider register