NDIS Code of Conduct (NDIS Participants)
The NDIS Code of Conduct helps providers and workers respect and uphold your right to safe and quality supports and services.
Under the NDIS Code of Conduct, providers and workers must:
- act with respect for individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination, and decision-making in accordance with relevant laws and conventions
- respect the privacy of people with disability
- provide supports and services in a safe and competent manner with care and skill
- act with integrity, honesty, and transparency
- promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters that might have an impact on the quality and safety of supports provided to people with disability
- take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to all forms of violence, exploitation, neglect, and abuse
- take all reasonable steps to prevent sexual misconduct.
The NDIS Code of Conduct applies to:
- registered NDIS providers
- unregistered NDIS providers
- NDIA community partners - LAC and ECEI providers
- providers delivering information, linkages, and capacity building activities
- providers delivering Commonwealth Continuity of Support Programme services for people over the age of 65.