The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Quality and Safeguards Commission is a national independent body that is developing a consistent approach to the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services.
New provider registrations in NSW and SA
To register as an NDIS provider in New South Wales (NSW) and/or South Australia (SA), please complete the online registration application.
If you applied for registration in NSW and/or SA and were not approved prior to 1 July 2018, you will need to submit a new online registration application directly to the NDIS Commission.
New provider registrations in ACT, NT, QLD, VIC and TAS
New providers based in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Northern Territory (NT), Queensland (QLD), Tasmania (TAS) and Victoria (VIC) can register with the NDIS Commission from 1 July 2019. Providers in Western Australia can register from 1 July 2020.
Until these start dates, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) will continue to manage provider registration in these areas of Australia. Registration for existing providers registered with the NDIA in the ACT, NT, QLD, TAS and VIC will automatically transfer from the NDIA to the NDIS Commission when the NDIS Commission commences operation in these states or territories on 1 July 2019.
Service providers must register with the NDIS Commission to:
- deliver services and supports to NDIS participants who have their plan managed by the NDIA
- deliver specialist disability accommodation, use restrictive practices, or develop behaviour support plans
- deliver services or supports to older people with disability who are receiving continuity of supports under the Commonwealth Continuity of Support Programme relating to Specialist Disability Services for Older People.
- Fact sheet: NDIS Commission – What does this mean for providers?
- Fact sheet: About the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Fact sheet: How to register as an NDIS provider
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in NSW
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in SA
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in NT
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in QLD
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in ACT
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in VIC
- Fact sheet: Then and now for Providers in TAS