Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Vaccine information
This page contains links to updates about COVID-19 vaccines and resources for NDIS providers.
This page contains information about:
- COVID-19 vaccine pages (Department of Health)
- Disability provider alerts (Department of Health)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Implementation Plan for the disability sector (Department of Health)
- FAQs from sector consultation (Department of Health)
- Other resources
- Continue COVIDSafe practices
- COVID-19 information page (NDIS Commission
- COVID-19 provider alerts (NDIS Commission
- Stay subscribed to receive updates (NDIS Commission)
COVID-19 vaccine pages (Department of Health)
The Australian Government Department of Health (Department of Health) has launched dedicated information pages for people with disability and disability service providers about COVID-19 vaccines.
- People with disability: The webpage for people with disability contains important information about COVID-19 vaccines and the vaccination rollout. A range of Easy Read and Auslan resources about the COVID-19 vaccines are also available.
- Providers: The webpage for disability service providers contains information and resources to help you plan for the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
The Department of Health will continue to update the information on these pages, so we strongly encourage you to visit these pages regularly.
Disability provider alerts (Department of Health)
The Department of Health has issued a number of COVID-19 vaccination alerts for disability providers.
COVID-19 Vaccines Implementation Plan for the disability sector (Department of Health)
The Department of Health will soon release the Disability Sector COVID-19 Vaccines Implementation Plan. The plan has been developed in consultation with key stakeholders representing people with disability and the disability sector. It will detail the disability sector-specific considerations including the communication and coordination of the vaccination program, and consent.
The NDIS Commission will share the Implementation Plan and any other important information about the disability sector as soon as it becomes available.
Implementation plans are also under development for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Australians.
FAQs from sector consultation (Department of Health)
The Department of Health has provided questions and answers following sector consultation. These can be used to answer any questions you may receive from clients or to develop your own website and newsletter content.
- Safe Work Australia: Provides key information about COVID-19 in relation to workplaces.
Continue COVIDSafe practices
The COVID-19 vaccine will complement other measures NDIS providers are required to take to keep NDIS participants safe.
Refer to our fact sheet on outbreak preparedness for more information.
COVID-19 information page (NDIS Commission)
For the latest information and updates from the NDIS Commission on COVID-19, visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
COVID-19 provider alerts (NDIS Commission)
For information about COVID-19, including vaccination, infection prevention and control, supporting people with disability, your obligations, and training and resources, see our Provider alerts about COVID-19.
Stay subscribed to receive updates (NDIS Commission)
It is important that registered providers remain subscribed to all correspondence issued by the NDIS Commission, as this is the channel we use to provide you with important information about your obligations. We also use these details to contact you about your registration. If you unsubscribe, you will not receive other important correspondence from us, including COVID-19 information and registration renewal reminders.
Correspondence is sent according to the provider details on the NDIS Commission Portal. It is a requirement of your registration that you provide us with up-to-date information to enable us to contact your organisation. Please review your provider contact details on the NDIS Commission Portal.
If you have inadvertently unsubscribed from our communications, please email email@example.com to resubscribe.