Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Vaccine information
- This page contains links to updates about COVID-19 vaccines and resources for NDIS providers.
This page contains information about:
- Supporting the rights of NDIS participants to access COVID-19 vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccine pages (Department of Health)
- Disability provider alerts (Department of Health)
- COVID-19 provider alerts (NDIS Commission)
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Third dose and booster dose information (Department of Health)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Implementation Plan for the disability sector (Department of Health)
- FAQs from sector consultation (Department of Health)
- Other resources
- Continue COVIDSafe practices
- COVID-19 information page (NDIS Commission)
- COVID-19 workforce vaccination
- Stay subscribed to receive updates (NDIS Commission)
Supporting the rights of NDIS participants to access COVID-19 vaccination
- Message from the Acting Commissioner – Supporting the rights of NDIS Participants to access COVID-19 Vaccination (3 November 2021)
- Provider alert - Supporting the rights of NDIS Participants to access COVID-19 Vaccination (5 November 2021)
- Letter from the NDIS Commissioner to registered providers with current COVID-19 infection outbreaks (28 January 2022)
COVID-19 vaccine pages (Department of Health)
The Australian Government Department of Health (Department of Health) has launched dedicated information pages for people with disability and disability service providers about COVID-19 vaccines.
- People with disability: The webpage for people with disability contains important information about COVID-19 vaccines and the vaccination rollout. A range of Easy Read and Auslan resources about the COVID-19 vaccines are also available.
- Providers: The webpage for disability service providers contains information and resources to help you plan for the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
- Disability workers: The webpage for disability workers contains information and resources about COVID-19 vaccines for disability workers.
- Providers: The COVID-19 vaccination – Disability provider kit page contains a set of resources that are designed to help disability providers promote COVID-19 vaccination to their employees.
The Department of Health will continue to update the information on these pages, so we strongly encourage you to visit these pages regularly.
Disability provider alerts (Department of Health)
The Department of Health has issued a number of COVID-19 vaccination alerts for disability providers.
COVID-19 provider alerts (NDIS Commission)
- For information about COVID-19, including vaccination, infection prevention and control, supporting people with disability, your obligations, and training and resources, see our Provider alerts about COVID-19.
- In addition, we have issued separate alerts only to providers in NSW, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia, ACT and Northern Territory which are available on our webpages for those states.
- Letter to providers about Supporting NDIS participants to receive COVID-19 vaccination (16 September 2021)
- Action required by all CEOs: Letter to providers about Supporting NDIS participants to receive COVID-19 vaccination (21 September 2021)
- Letter to providers regarding request for information about the status of COVID-19 vaccination of workers (22 November 2021)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccines: Registered NDIS Provider Requirements – COVID-19 Worker Vaccination Status - Quick Reference Guide (2 December 2021)
- Letter to providers regarding request for information about the status of COVID-19 vaccination of workers (10 February 2022)
COVID-19 Vaccines: Third dose and booster dose information (Department of Health)
The Department of Health has released easy read resources about COVID-19 vaccine third dose and booster dose programs:
- Fact sheet about the third dose
- Fact sheet about booster doses
- The difference between the third dose and a booster dose
- COVID-19 vaccination consent form
These resources can also be accessed alongside other Department of Health COVID-19 vaccination Easy Read resources.
COVID-19 Vaccines Implementation Plan for the disability sector (Department of Health)
The Department of Health has developed the Disability NDIS COVID-19 Vaccines Acceleration Plan which was endorsed by National Cabinet on 1 October 2021 and is being implemented. The plan was developed in consultation with key stakeholders representing people with disability and the disability sector.
The Department of Health also develops implementation plans for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Australians.
FAQs from sector consultation (Department of Health)
The Department of Health has provided questions and answers following sector consultation. These can be used to answer any questions you may receive from clients or to develop your own website and newsletter content.
- Fair Work Ombudsman: information about COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace. It includes guidance on workplace rights and obligations, and resolving workplace issues.
- Safe Work Australia: information for employers in the NDIS on the vaccination and your WHS duties.
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC): guidance on understanding your privacy obligations to your staff in relation to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Australian Human Rights Commission addresses questions about COVID-19 vaccinations and federal discrimination law.
Continue COVIDSafe practices
The COVID-19 vaccine will complement other measures NDIS providers are required to take to keep NDIS participants safe.
Refer to our fact sheet on outbreak preparedness for more information.
COVID-19 information page (NDIS Commission)
For the latest information and updates from the NDIS Commission on COVID-19, visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
COVID-19 workforce vaccination
Information about COVID-19 worker vaccination is available on our NDIS workforce vaccination page.
Stay subscribed to receive updates (NDIS Commission)
It is important that registered providers remain subscribed to all correspondence issued by the NDIS Commission, as this is the channel we use to provide you with important information about your obligations. We also use these details to contact you about your registration. If you unsubscribe, you will not receive other important correspondence from us, including COVID-19 information and registration renewal reminders.
Correspondence is sent according to the provider details on the NDIS Commission Portal. It is a requirement of your registration that you provide us with up-to-date information to enable us to contact your organisation. Please review your provider contact details on the NDIS Commission Portal.
If you have inadvertently unsubscribed from our communications, please email email@example.com to resubscribe.