STEP 4. The NDIS Commission assesses your application and makes a decision
In assessing your registration application, the NDIS Commission will consider the outcomes of the audit and conduct a suitability assessment of your organisation and key personnel.
What is a suitability assessment?
The NDIS Commission assesses the suitability of NDIS providers and their key personnel to deliver NDIS supports and services.
This includes whether the NDIS provider or their key personnel have:
- previously been a registered NDIS provider
- had a banning order in place
- any past convictions
- been insolvent under administration
- had adverse findings or enforcement action taken by any relevant authorities
- been the subject of findings or judgement in relation to fraud, misrepresentation, or dishonesty
- been disqualified from managing corporations
We will then make a decision and contact you to let you know if your application has been successful and the reasons why or why not.
Some applications take longer to process than others. The timeframe depends on various factors, including the size and scale of your organisation, as well as the complexity and range of the supports and services you deliver.