The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Quality and Safeguards Commission is an independent body working with providers to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services, investigate and resolve problems, and strengthen the skills and knowledge of providers and participants across Australia.
Under the NDIS Commission, the requirements for NDIS providers are to be nationally consistent, proportionate to the size and scale of organisations and breaches, and responsive to an expanding market.
- a national provider registration system
- NDIS Practice Standards
- an NDIS Code of Conduct
- a national worker screening system
- a new complaints management and resolution system
- new incident management requirements, including reportable incidents
- providing opportunities for workers to complete the Worker Orientation Module
- new behaviour support requirements, to reduce and eliminate restrictive practices.
The NDIS Commission is now operating in all states and territories (except Western Australia). It will begin working in Western Australia from 1 December 2020.
When it is operational in all states and territories, the NDIS Commission will provide a single, national registration and regulatory system for providers that will set a consistent approach to quality across Australia.
- Then and now for Providers in NSW
- Then and now for Providers in SA
- Then and now for Providers in NT
- Then and now for Providers in QLD
- Then and now for Providers in ACT
- Then and now for Providers in VIC
- Then and now for Providers in TAS
- NDIS Commission Information Letter to Existing Providers VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 12 June 2019
- NDIS Commission Information Letter VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 12 June 2019
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter to Existing Providers VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 8 May 2019
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 8 May 2019
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter NSW and SA, 22 May 2018
- Provider Information Letter NSW and SA, 22 June 2018
- NDIS Hearing equipment and services: Provider information