Safety and Quality
The Commission will work to improve the safety and quality of services delivered by NDIS providers in New South Wales and South Australia, then nationally when it begins in each state and territory.
This will include new requirements for providers, such as:
- a national provider registration system
- NDIS Practice Standards
- an NDIS Code of Conduct
- a national worker screening system
- a new complaints management and resolution system
- new incident management requirements, including reportable incidents
- additional safeguards for behaviour support and restrictive practices.
The Commission will help people with disability resolve complaints about NDIS providers, and will strengthen the skills and knowledge of providers and participants across Australia.