Departmental Contract Listing
The Senate Order on departmental and agency contracts requires government agencies to publish at regular intervals a list of contracts to the value of $100,000 or more entered into during the previous twelve months. The list is also to include contracts entered into in an earlier period that have not been fully performed (that is, which are still current) at the end of the reporting period.
The Senate Order requires the list to include:
- the name of the contractor
- the subject matter of each contract
- the total contract value
- the start and end dates of the contract (contract duration) and
- details of confidentiality provisions requiring the parties to maintain confidentiality of:
- any of its provisions, and
- of any other requirements of confidentiality.
Most of the contracts listed contain confidentiality provisions of a general nature that are designed to protect the confidential information of the parties that may be generated in carrying out the contract.
The reasons for including such clauses include:
- ordinary commercial prudence that requires protection of trade secrets, proprietary information and the like and/or
- protection of other Commonwealth material and personal information.
The accountable authority of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission has assured that the listed contracts do not contain any inappropriate confidentiality provisions.
In the context of the Senate Order, 'contract' has been defined as including Grants, which are listed separately.
The published contracts are for the reporting period 1 July 2018 – 30 June 2019.
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission lists:
- a listing of procurement contracts is available through the Senate Order link located on the AusTender Homepage.
- a listing of grants contracts is available here: Grants Contracts
Cost of Compliance
The estimated cost of complying with the Senate Order in relation to the current list for NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission 'core' is approximately $2,000. This is based primarily on an estimate of staff hours spent at average hourly rates for data collection, liaison, analysis and management. General overhead costs are also included in this figure.
Any enquiries should be directed to Procurement and Corporate Contracts Section on (02) 4722 7254.